Durham Gas Services LTD takes privacy seriously. This notice explains how we use the personal details you have provided with us.
Who are we?
We are Durham Gas Service’s LTD trading as Durham Heating Service’s.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01777 702684
- Address: Unit1a Stirling Road, West Carr Industrial Estate, Retford, Notts. DN22 7SN
Data protection Officer
- Nicola Durham
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01777 702684
- Address: as above.
How we use your details
- We process personal information to enable us to promote our goods and services;
- To deal with enquiries we receive from you;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules;
- To make checks of credit reference agencies if requested by yourselves (for example when requesting sales through finance options)
- For debt recovery in a case of non-payment
- For finance purposes we will share your personal data with Hitachi Capital UK Plc.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in other circumstance where;
- We are under a duty to disclose or share personal information to comply with any legal obligation;
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Durham Gas Services LTD, our staff, customers or others;
- In response from a government authority (including a regulator);
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing (with consent);
- Credit reference agencies;
- Suppliers and service providers;
- Debt collection and tracing agencies;
- Financial organisations.
It is our legitimate interests to use your personal details as it is necessary in operating our business and/or providing you with goods or services.
You have the following rights under the UK GDPR with regards to the processing of your personal data, including rights to
What are your rights in relation to your personal information?
Right to access
You have the right to request copies of the personal information we hold about you at any time.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information from our records.
Please note that we will not be able to delete your personal information whilst we are still providing our services to you. We will be able to delete your personal information once you cancel the service or once the service is completed.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that we restrict how we use your personal information.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the collection and use of your personal information at any time.
Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information in a legible and compatible format such as Excel or Word.
Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information at any time.
All personal details are stored securely and are only kept whilst required, to enable the company to provide the services listed.
How can I exercise my rights in relation to my personal information?
If you have any queries about how we use your personal details, you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Durham’s Heating Services, Unit 1a Stirling Road, West Carr Industrial Estate, Retford, Notts. DN22 7SN.
Any information you are entitled too will be provided within 4 weeks of the request date, subject to exemptions stipulated within data protection laws.
We will only keep your personal information on file for as long as you require our services; taking into account information needed for product guarantee or recall purposes.
How do I lodge a complaint about the use of my personal information?
You can lodge a complaint with us directly by contacting us on one of the above contact details.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO are the regulator who makes sure that we use your personal information in a lawful way.
You can lodge a complaint with the ICO by following this link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
or calling the ICO on 0303 123 1113.